LANGHORNE, PA—November 6, 2013—E-Mon, the electric submetering market leader and manufacturer of the widely installed E-Mon D-Mon® product line, announces the PowerSmart family of power quality / energy monitors and revenue-grade power quality socket meters for commercial, industrial and institutional energy monitoring applications. This new offering from E-Mon offers users unprecedented granularity of energy measurement data combined with advanced power quality analysis via PowerSoftware. The PowerSmart family comes in a variety of configurations that allow users to specify the functionality best suited to their application needs.
PowerSmart meters combine real-time energy monitoring, advanced power quality functions and BAS communications in one integrated platform,” said Don Millstein, president of E-Mon. “PowerSmart meets the building sector’s growing need for metering and monitoring solutions that will help operators achieve a better level of performance, efficiency and cost savings with more granular management of the facility’s total energy envelope.”
The three models in the PowerSmart family include:
Features of the PowerSmart Meter family include, but are not limited to:
- PowerSmart Plus Essential Meter—Class 0.5S (± 0.5% accuracy) four-quadrant active and reactive energy polyphase static meter providing high-precision three-phase monitoring of V, I, PF, demand, V/I unbalance, frequency, load profile and more; offers panel-mount configuration for 4” round or 96x96” DIN opening; Graphical display provides real-time sine wave presentation, phasor diagrams and harmonics graphing.
- PowerSmart Plus Advanced Power Quality Energy Monitor—Class 0.2 (± 0.2% accuracy) four quadrant, multi-function three-phase energy meter with advanced power quality features including embedded harmonic analyzer, voltage and current THD, current TDD and K-Factor, inter harmonics THD up to 50th order harmonic; optionally available in pre-installed JIC steel enclosure with lockable window panel and 3Φ voltage terminal block;
- PowerSmart Revenue-Grade Power Quality Socket Meter—Precision Class 0.2 (± 0.2% accuracy) threephase active energy and power demand meter provides multiple tariffs and time-of-use capability, transformer and line losses, unique anti-tampering and self-test functions; standard Form 9S socket configuration allows easy new or retrofit installation.
- Power Factor, THD, TDD, K-Factor, Sags, Swells, Spikes and Alarming;
- Modbus RTU via RS-485 communications protocol is standard; Modbus TCP/IP via Ethernet optional;
- Combines both static metering and time-of-use functions;
- Integral state-of-the-art EN50160-compliant power quality recorder;
- Supplied with PowerSoftware for meter set up and power quality analysis;
- Selection of solid- and split-core current options.
About E-Mon, LLC
Established in 1981, E-Mon is the industry leader in solid-state electronic kilowatt-hour submeters, automaticmeter reading software and other energy management products and services. Almost 500,000 E-Mon products are installed worldwide for tenant billing, cost allocation, demand side management, energy conservation and load profiling across the commercial, industrial, institutional, governmental and multi-family facility landscape. E-Mon is an active member of the Federal Energy Management Program task force, Alliance to Save Energy, Association of Energy Engineers, U.S. Green Building Council and other organizations. For further information, visit: www.emon.com.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry condition, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements.
Suzy Abbott, Marketing Manager
850 Town Center Drive
Langhorne, PA 19047
Toll Free: 800-334-3666
Main: 215-752-0601; Fax: -3094
Mike Gerow, PR Director
7975 Raytheon Rd, Suite 340
San Diego, CA 92111
Main: 858-279-2100; Fax: -5400
To download a copy of this article click here.