Press Release: E-Mon Introduces PowerSmart Family of Power Quality Meters
E-Mon Announces PowerSmart Family of Advanced Polyphase Energy/Power Quality Monitors. Advanced power quality functions and high-accuracy energy monitoring in panel mount, DIN rail an socket form factor devices.
LANGHORNE, PA — November 6, 2013 — E-Mon, the electric submetering market leader and manufacturer of the widly installed E-Mon D-Mon product line, announces the PowerSmart family of power quality/energy monitors and revenue-grade power quality socket meters for commercial, industrial and institutional energy monitoring applications. This new offering from E-Mon offers users unprecedented granularity of energy measurement data combined with advanced power quality analysis via Power Software. The PowerSmart family comes in a variety of configurations that allow users to specify the functionality best suited to their application needs.
"PowerSmart meters combine real-time energy monitoring, advanced power quality functions and BAS communications in one integrated platform," said Don Millstein, president of E-Mon. "PowerSmart meets the building sector's growing need for metering and monitoring solutions that will help operators achieve a better level of performance, efficiency and cost savings with more granular management of the facility's total energy envelope."
The three models in the PowerSmart family include:
- PowerSmart Plus Essential Meter—Class 0.5S (± 0.5% accuracy) four-quadrant active and reactive energy polyphase static meter providing high-precision three-phase monitoring of V, I, PF, demand, V/I un-balance, frequency, load profile and more; offers panel-mount configuration for 4” round or 96x96” DIN opening; Graphical display provides real-time sine wave presentation, phasor diagrams and harmonics graphing.
- PowerSmart Plus Advanced Power Quality Energy Monitor—Class 0.2 (± 0.2% accuracy) four quadrant, multi-function three-phase energy meter with advanced power quality features including embedded harmonic analyzer, voltage and current THD, current TDD and K-Factor, inter harmonics THD up to 50th order harmonic; optionally available in pre-installed JIC steel enclosure with lockable window panel and 3Φ voltage terminal block;
Features of the PowerSmart Meter family include, but are not limited to:
- PowerSmart Revenue-Grade Power Quality Socket Meter—Precision Class 0.2 (± 0.2% accuracy) three-phase active energy and power demand meter provides multiple tariffs and time-of-use capability, transformer and line losses, unique anti-tampering and self-test functions; standard Form 9S socket configuration allows easy new or retrofit installation.
- Power Factor, THD, TDD, K-Factor, Sags, Swells, Spikes and Alarming
- Modbus RTU via RS-485 communications protocol is standard; Modbus TCP/IP via Ethernet optional;
- Combines both static metering and time-of-use functions;
- Integral state-of-the-art EN50160-compliant power quality recorder;
- Supplied with Power Software for meter set up and power quality analysis;
- Selection of solid- and split-core current options.
To download a copy of this article click here.