Ideal for campus or multi-building facilities, Web-Mon Enterprise Edition provides one-page dashboards of historical and real-time energy use via any standard web browser over Modbus IP LAN and WAN networks using Modbus TCP/IP as the communication protocol; complements the versatility of Web-Mon standard edition for single-building applications.
Langhorne, PA - July 21, 2011 - E-Mon, the electric submetering market leader and manufacturer of the widely installed E-Mon D-Mon® product line, today announced Web-Mon Enterprise edition, an Internet-enabled energy monitoring platform that provides real-time and historical energy data via any standard Web browser. Ideal for campus and multi-building facility applications, Web-Mon Enterprise directly communicates over the facility's existing IP backbone with remote Class 3000 and 5000 E-Mon D-Mon meters and up to three connected pulse-output utility meters per Web-Mon Enterprise device. Typical applications include schools & universities, medical complexes, business parks, military bases and other multi-building commercial, industrial and institutional users.
Like the Web-Mon standard edition, introduced in 2009, Web-Mon Enterprise provides a user-friendly web interface that allows live energy data, charts and graphs to be viewed via any standard Internet browser-without add-on software or extra programming to provide a "dashboard display of kWh, kW, power factor and other advanced functions from up to 24 meter inputs.
"Web-Mon Enterprise edition takes one-click energy management to the next level by automatically integrating the user's distributed metering infrastructure into real-time meter dashboards via any TCP/IP local or wide area network," said Don Millstein, president and CEO of E-Mon. "Web-Mon Enterprise complements our standard Web-Mon offering, typically used in single-building scenarios, with open-architecture Modbus IP-compatible device connectivity for virtually any multi-family energy monitoring and management networking requirements, including presentment of electricity, gas, water and other metered parameters."
Web-Mon affords multiple users access to key energy data and usage patterns critical in today's energy intensive environments. The ability to view energy on demand either on-site or remotely enables energy managers and others to easily stay on top of energy conservation programs, green building initiatives or overall efficiency analysis. Whether the need is for one-page dashboards, energy profiles or raw interval data, E-Mon's Web-Mon solutions are the answer.
Web-Mon Enterprise's expanded functionality and flexibility derives from a number of new features:
- Hardware platform includes: AMCC PowerPC 440@524MHz processor with math co-processor; 256MB SDRAM and 128MB Serial Flash; real-time clock; battery back up and AC power transformer
- Modbus TCP/IP communications with Class 3000 & Class 5000 E-Mon D-Mon meters equipped with Modbus TCP/IP communication option
- Displayed parameters include: electrical consumption (kWh), peak demand (kW), power factor, Volts, Amps by Phase and VARs
- Carbon footprint dashboard displays CO2, SO2, NOx and other calculations for each meter
- User alerts are emailed when daily kWh/kW usage alarm setpoints are exceeded
- Stores and displays data from today, previous seven days and previous 30 days
- Internal memory stores up to 36 days of 15-minute interval data
- Pulse-enabled meters (gas, water, etc.) offer direct connection to the Aux1 and Aux2 ports of the Class 3000 & 5000 meters
- Up to two gas, water or other pulse output meters per E-Mon (Class 5000) meter are readable on separate meter dashboards
- Current weather info and one-day forecast displayed on home meter page; records five-day weather conditions from local NOAA website;
- Normalization feature compares usage by square foot for the user's own facility versus regional averages around the country
- Trend builder feature allows users to drag and drop select data for specified meters and time periods to create charts; displays comparison of all recorded parameters by meter
- CSV files are exportable to Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF formats
- Two Ethernet ports 10/100 Mbps (RJ-45); supports static IP addresses
- UL, CE, C-UL, CSA and FCC agency listings
For download a copy of this press release click here.