Press Release: E-Mon Announces Wireless Submetering System
New Addition's to E-Mon's Wireless Submetering Family Include Industry's Only 3-Phase Meter with Interval Data Recording Capability. New interface modules extend wireless capability to installed base of E-Mon submeters, as well as gas & water for any new or retrofitted multi-tenant residential, industrial, commercial or institutional metering application.
Langhorne, PA - February 28, 2008 - E-Mon, the electric submetering market leader and manufacturer of the widely installed E-Mon D-Mon® product line, today announced the expansion of its wireless submetering family to include a unique industry offering—three-phase kWh submeters with 15-minute interval data recording capability. Other additions include a module for interfacing the installed base of almost half a million E-Mon D-Mon electric submeters to E-Mon’s wireless automatic meter reading system. The family also includes an assortment of wireless interface modules for bringing water, gas or other electric socket-type meters into the energy management system, making E-Mon’s expanded wireless meter family ideal for virtually any commercial, multi-family, industrial and institutional facility energy-monitoring application.
“Equally suitable for new or retrofit installations, these make it easier than ever before to monitor any commercial or industrial property using a complete, two-way wireless communication system with interval data collection,” said Don Millstein, E-Mon president. “This unprecedented degree of energy monitoring flexibility also allows customers to interface their existing meters to a wireless automatic meter reading system, thus keeping costs down by extending the usefulness of their installed meters.”
All wireless metering family products provide self-configuring /self-repairing mesh network communications in the 915MHz license-free band. Operation requires no cellular contract and the wireless receivers are FCC-certified to not interfere with existing infrastructure. With these new products, E-Mon’s wireless offering provides a complete single-source solution for virtually any wireless submetering and Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) requirement. The E-Mon D-Mon family of wireless products includes:
Features of the E-Mon wireless products include:
- Class 4100 single-phase kWh meter (multi-tenant residential)
- Class 2100 three-phase kWh or kWh/kW demand meter (commercial/industrial)
- EWM external wireless module for retrofitting existing E-Mon D-Mon Class 1000 and Class 2000 meters
- GW1 external wireless module for gas and water meters
- Third-party wireless socket meter package
- Wireless Data Collector (WDC)
- Wireless Base Station
- 500' line-of-sight operation between meters; 200' through walls (depending on materials)
- Standard wiring configurations: 3-phase/4-wire, 3-phase/3-wire, 2-phase/3-wire; others available, contact E-Mon
- Standard configurations include: 120/208-240V, 277/480V, 25-3200 Amp
- Wireless mesh communication eliminates network management for meters and optional modules; provides 128-bit authentication/encryption
- Demand option displays kW and kW peak in date/time stamped 15-min (std) or 30-min (optional) intervals
- Optional plug-and-play wireless gas/water/meter interface modules automatically self-configure to the network at power-on; provide local storage of 2+ months of 15-minute interval data
- Optional module for wirelessly interfacing existing E-Mon D-Mon meters with E-Mon Energy software.
To download a copy of this article click here.